A TRUE SOUTHERN

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Being Southern is more than where I am from, it is who I am. I love the South with its great beauty and wonderful deep-south traditions. I am Bev Allen, a true Southern Belle;. I am married to the love of my life Rick Allen. We lived and raised our two children, Chris Allen and Teresa Mosley (married to Randy) in the Great Southern states. Family is important and my grandson Lane, our most precious treasure. We love God and people and devoted our lives in His service. This blog is to share a little of what I enjoy and experienced, a little Southern Joy!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quiet Time and Porch Swings!

I am so glad you came by to sit a minute on the porch swing with me. Can I offer you a glass of lemonade or iced tea. Many of lovely Southern homes are build with wide open wrapping around porches with different varieties of porch swings. One of the South great mental painted pictures are gentle ladies and gents who courted, proposed then wed full of dreams of grand lives full of hope and wonder. 
At the end of day in the cool of the evening and all the chores are done, you could sit and swing on the porch swing. It was a special quiet time, listening to whippoorwills, smelling the sweets smell of the magnolia tree, or feeling the cool night breezes on your cheeks and blowing through your hair so gently. Oh the South has changed a bit, with new technology and busy lives. Yet, there are still today, several places in the South, that still have and cherish this bit of  Southern Charm. 
You know if I close my eyes I can just picture a sweet older couple, just sittin' in a front porch swing, swinging back and forth, still holding hands like they did when they were sixteen, talking and sharing the memories, of SITTING IN A PORCH SWING!

No comments:

Post a Comment