A TRUE SOUTHERN

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Being Southern is more than where I am from, it is who I am. I love the South with its great beauty and wonderful deep-south traditions. I am Bev Allen, a true Southern Belle;. I am married to the love of my life Rick Allen. We lived and raised our two children, Chris Allen and Teresa Mosley (married to Randy) in the Great Southern states. Family is important and my grandson Lane, our most precious treasure. We love God and people and devoted our lives in His service. This blog is to share a little of what I enjoy and experienced, a little Southern Joy!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Coming down with "The Vapors!"



You might say, what in the world is "coming down with the vapors?"  Although a Southern Lady possesses an undeniable natural charm, when facing a crisis or trivial event, she is a delicate flower you know, and a stressful or excitable situation can cause an unladylike response. So the quick and effective response is to, fan yourself, a theatrical collapse and claim to have the "vapors". The "vapors" was a common term for female hysteria, usually associated with swooning or fainting. No worries, there is a cure, a good of dose of smelling salts, briskly used hand fan, and most of all, a tall mint julep, a severe case....might require all three.

1 comment: