A TRUE SOUTHERN

My photo
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Being Southern is more than where I am from, it is who I am. I love the South with its great beauty and wonderful deep-south traditions. I am Bev Allen, a true Southern Belle;. I am married to the love of my life Rick Allen. We lived and raised our two children, Chris Allen and Teresa Mosley (married to Randy) in the Great Southern states. Family is important and my grandson Lane, our most precious treasure. We love God and people and devoted our lives in His service. This blog is to share a little of what I enjoy and experienced, a little Southern Joy!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Gone With The Wind

For so many people, the first real glimpse of the beautiful South was the 1938 epic film, “Gone With the Wind.”  The film opens on large cotton plantation that we will find out is called, “Tara”. 
We find ourselves drawn in to the life and drama of Ms Scarlett O’Hara and her beau, Rhett Butler.  There is a picture of working plantation as the cotton crops are grown and harvested.  The film takes its viewers on a journey through the perils of slavery and the Civil War.  On to witness how diseases like, typhoid fever take lives young and old. Through it all, Southern people find courage to hold their heads up high and rebuild.  Although this is just a film, so much of the film script tells the history of so many Southern families. How families, local towns and cities, farms and plantations, people of all races live their lives.  The strong constitution of a life of a Southern can be said, “After all, tomorrow is another day” (Scarlet in Gone with the Wind).


No comments:

Post a Comment